The Junior Scuba Camp meets at the shop Mon-Thurs for classroom and pool training and then Philadelphia Quarry Friday & Saturday for open water dives. This camp includes a Jr. Open Water Diver certification. The course outline is identical to that of the SSI Open Water Diver Certification course, although the certification itself has some restrictions for your child’s safety:
- (1) SSI Junior Open Water Divers are certified to a maximum depth of 40′
- (2) Juniors must dive with a Certified Parent/Guardian or a Dive Professional at all times. Once a Jr. OWD turns 15 their certification can be upgraded to an SSI Open Water Diver Certification by completing the SSI Scuba Skills Update Program.
- 10-14 years old
Camp cost includes:
- Four (4) class & pool sessions (class times are Mon-Thurs 9am-1pm)
- Two (2) days of open water dives (Fri & Sat 9am-2pm, Philadelphia Quarry)
- Logbook and online textbook
- Open water instructor fees
- Use of equipment during pool sessions
- Use of equipment during open water dives (EXCEPT mask, snorkel, fins & booties, and gear bag – see below)
- Certification card processing fee and picture
- Drinks and Snacks throughout
- Graduation cookout on Saturday (lunch)
- Entry to Quarry for both days.
Not included in camp cost:
- For the Open Water (quarry) dives students must supply their own mask, snorkel, fins & booties, and net gear bag
- Transportation to and from classes and open water quarry dives.
Dates: July 12th – 17th, 2021
Comments are closed