SSI FREEDIVING BASIC PROGRAM
The Basic Freediving Program is for anyone who enjoys freediving or just wants to take their snorkeling to the next level. This program provides you with the training and knowledge required to safely freedive with a buddy in pool/confined water environments to a depth of five meters. You will learn basic rescue and safety techniques that will allow you to stay safe while partaking in what is considered to be the purest form of diving. You will also learn advanced breathing and in-water techniques to make your diving more effortless.
This program provides you with the training and knowledge required to safely freedive with a buddy in pool/confined water environments to a depth of 15 feet. You will earn the SSI Basic Freediving certification after completing this program.
You must be 10 years old or older to enroll in the Basic Freediving program. You will earn the SSI Basic Freediving certification after completing this program. You do not have to have a scuba diving certification to become certified in basic freediving.
PREREQUISITES FOR TRAINING:
- Be at least 10 years of age
- Must be able to swim
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION:
Complete two (2) pool/confined water freedive sessions, or one (1) pool/confined water, and one (1) openwater freedive session.
- Achieve the following performance requirements:
- Static and dynamic session in the water with no minimum requirement.
- Demonstrate proper breathe-up, relaxation, body positioning, and surfacing techniques.
- Perform a surface blackout rescue.
- Wednesday February 24, 2021 – 6:00-9:00pm – Classroom session
- Friday, February 26, 2021 – 6:00-9:00pm – Pool session #1
- Saturday, February 27, 2021 – 1:00-4:00pm – Pool session #2
Comments are closed