Scuba Schools International Course – Open Water Diver
“Your ticket to the underwater world – the Open Water certificate.”
This globally-recognized certification program is the best way to begin your life-long adventure as a certified scuba diver. Personalized training is combined with in-water practice sessions to ensure you have the skills and experience required to become truly comfortable underwater. You will earn the SSI Open Water Diver certification.
Course Content Includes:
- Your Body and the Environment
- Using your Life Support Equipment Underwater
- Breathing Gas and the Effects on Your Body
- The Value of a Dive Buddy and Executing your Dives
- The Ocean and your Diving Opportunities
- Your Scuba Diving Experiences and Beyond
- Dive Planning with Tables
- Swim Test – You will be required to complete a 200-yard swim, not timed, and 10-minute treading water exercise.
- Must be at least 10 years old
What Do I Need to Bring:
- You will need a swimsuit, a towel.
- We will provide all equipment for your classroom and pool training.
- By the time we get to the Open Water Training dives at the quarry, you will be required to have your own mask, snorkel, fins, and boots. We have several packages available starting from $135.00. We will continue to provide all remaining equipment (BC, Regulator, Wetsuit, Etc.)
- The Classroom and pool sessions are held at Ski/Scuba Center.
- Open Water Training dives take place at Philidelphia Quarry.
Upon making a deposit for this program, you will receive an email with a link to your digital training program. You must complete all quizzes with a score of 100% before you arrive for class. There will be a multiple-choice exam at the end of the classroom portion. You must pass the final exam with a score of 80% or higher.
- You will complete 5 training dives over 2 days for certification
Have you ever dreamed of having longer no-decompression limits to take pictures or explore a wreck? Did you ever want to be safer while diving concerning the potential risk of decompression sickness? Nitrox is the key.