SSI Freediving Level 1 Program (includes Basic Freediver)
Level 1 Freediving Program includes the Basic Freediving Program. We then take all the skills learned in the class and pool and head out to open water where we teach you the skills and techniques required to safely freedive with a buddy in open water environments to depths of 20m/65ft. You will earn the SSI Level 1 Freediving certification after completing this program.
Prerequisites for training:
- Be at least 12 years of age.
- Must be able to swim
Requirements for Certification:
- Complete the Freediving Level 1 final exam with a passing score of 80%.
- Complete at least two (2) pool/confined water sessions.
- Complete at least two (2) open water sessions.
Achieve the following performance requirements:
- Dynamic with bi-fins for 30 meters, while demonstrating proper neutral buoyancy, start, finning, body position, turn and surfacing.
- Blackout Rescue of a victim with dynamic weights on.
- Loss of Motor Control (LMC) surface rescue.
- Dynamic Only arm stroke 15m.
- Mask removal (confined water).
- Static session in the water with no minimum requirements.
- Constant Weight dive (CWT) to a minimum depth of ten (10) meters (20 meters maximum), while demonstrating proper duck diving, finning, body positioning, line orientation, turn and surfacing techniques.
- Shallow Water Blackout (SWBO) rescue from ten (10) meters.
- Arm-stroke only ascent from ten (10) meters.
- Mask removal ascent from (10) meters.
Have you ever dreamed of having longer no-decompression limits to take pictures or explore a wreck? Did you ever want to be safer while diving concerning the potential risk of decompression sickness? Nitrox is the key.