SSI Freediving Level 1 Program (includes Basic Freediver)
Level 1 Freediving Program includes the Basic Freediving Program. We then take all the skills learned in the class and pool and head out to open water where we teach you the skills and techniques required to safely freedive with a buddy in open water environments to depths of 20m/65ft. You will earn the SSI Level 1 Freediving certification after completing this program.
Prerequisites for training:
- Be at least 12 years of age.
- Must be able to swim
Requirements for Certification:
- Complete the Freediving Level 1 final exam with a passing score of 80%.
- Complete at least two (2) pool/confined water sessions.
- Complete at least two (2) open water sessions.
Achieve the following performance requirements:
- Dynamic with bi-fins for 30 meters, while demonstrating proper neutral buoyancy, start, finning, body position, turn and surfacing.
- Blackout Rescue of a victim with dynamic weights on.
- Loss of Motor Control (LMC) surface rescue.
- Dynamic Only arm stroke 15m.
- Mask removal (confined water).
- Static session in the water with no minimum requirements.
- Constant Weight dive (CWT) to a minimum depth of ten (10) meters (20 meters maximum), while demonstrating proper duck diving, finning, body positioning, line orientation, turn and surfacing techniques.
- Shallow Water Blackout (SWBO) rescue from ten (10) meters.
- Arm-stroke only ascent from ten (10) meters.
- Mask removal ascent from (10) meters.
Try Scuba Diving! It's your chance to discover unknown worlds, make new friends, and enjoy a unique passion. There's nothing like it. Diving is much easier than you might think! Be ready to enjoy the new challenge and dive into a new world! Call to sign up today.
Becoming an SSI Open Water Diver is the best way to start your scuba adventure due to worldwide recognition!
With personalized training and taking enough time, we make sure you are truly comfortable under water with the skills and equipment you will use. In general, an Open Water Diver course consists of 3 parts: Academics, Confined Water (Pool) Training and Open Water Sessions.